Topics for Master Theses, Bachelor Theses, and Projects
The focus is on distributed systems and databases, in particular on Adaptivity, Performance, Dependability and Security in current application areas, characterized by high dynamics and scaling.
Applications include DApps (Dezentralized Applications) based on DLT (Distributed Ledger Technologies, Blockchain); IoT (Internet of Things) such as Smart Environments (Smart Home, Smart Building, Smart City, SmartHealth ...) and Industrial IoT (Industry 4.0, Digital Twin); Connected Cars and SmartCars; Content Delivery Networks; Critical Infrastructures and SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) Systems; WSN (Wireless Sensor Networks); Cloud Gaming; Mobile Cloud Computing; Administration (Terminal Server, VDI - Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, Mobile Device Management ...).
In the field of big data, topics include In-memory Computing, Adaptive Energy Management and Green Computing, Scalable Replication. In the field of cloud and services computing, for example, PaaS (Platform as a Service, Docker, Kubernetes), Microservices, NoSQL and NewSQL databases. System approaches include adaptive middleware and self-* properties, the CAP principle and feedback computing, and emergence and self-organization. This inclides the engineering of such systems, CI/CD/CS (Continuous Integration, Deployment, Security) and DevOps-.
This results in the following possible topics:
- Dapps and Blockchain-as-a-Service (BaaS): Dezentralized Applications based on Smart Contracts and Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT) like Blockchain, Ethereum, IOTA, Ripple, Hashgraph/Hedera, NEO. Dezentralized Storage (IPFS,…).
- IoT: Blockchain applications in IoT // Middleware Support for IoT // Control-as-a-Service (CaaS) // Security and Privacy Challenges in IoT // Bio-inspired approaches for IoT (Artifical Immune Systems, Self-healing) // Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) in IoT // Performance vs Security vs Dependability in IoT // Energy Harvesting // Mobile Apps and Wearables // Mobile Augmented Reality // Web of Things, HTTP/2.
- Smart Cars and Connected Cars: C-ITS (Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems) // Performance vs Security (Privacy) vs Dependability // Security in electronic toll systems.
- Cloud and Services Computing: Microservices // Data Mesh and Service Mesh // Adaptive Energy Management and Green Computing: Impact on Performance, Security, and Dependability // Security-oriented Legacy Migration // RaaS – Ransomware-as-a-Service: Threat diversification and measurements // Security and Dependability in Containers // Virtualization (VDI – Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) // Immutability and CRDTs (Conflict-free Replicated Data Types).
- BigData: NewSQL and NoSQL – Comparison of different PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service) // Security vs Performance in multi-tenancy PaaS Clouds // Security-SLA, Monitoring and Enforcement, … // Elasticity and Auto-Scaling Comparison // Self-adaptive vs Security
Kontakt: Dr. Karl. M. Göschka
This space is left blank intentionally.